Festival of Giants
25 June @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
This will be a great community event celebrating #MK50 - join us on 25th June for a midsummer Festival of GIANT puppetry on Campbell Park, Milton Keynes.
There will be 4 zones to explore:
- The Garden
- The Aviary
- Land of Myths
- The Creatures
See Festive Road’s incredible cycle-powered creatures: Harminder the mechanical elephant, Gwynhaff the Dragon, Hilary the Triceratops, Rex the baby Tyrannosaurus, and the unveiling of Shanti the beautiful Garuda, bird of peace.
The Next Stop MK Culture Coach will also be available for rides around the site!
As a special celebration of MK 50th Festive Road will be presenting a spectacular new creation - The Gardener Giant, who will be busy tending the trees, amongst all the fantastical creatures which will inhabit the park for the day…
On display in the story-telling tent, will be ‘The Manifesto of Marvellous Facts’; a book specially created by Nkiru Arts, based in MK, which features 50 intriguing, fascinating and darn right peculiar factoids about Milton Keynes (past, present and future).
- City Arts, Nottingham - Giant Bird puppets
- Mischief Makers - Metamorphosis show: A giant caterpillar transforms into a butterfly and dances with giant flowers and bees (piece about the importance of insect habitats & climate)
- Day Dream Harvest - Arabella, the two headed Oracle and other stories
- Students from Central School of Speech and Drama - insect puppets
- Little Meerkat Show (show for under 7s - incl sensory workshops)
- 50 Hugs by Alice Boland-Rhodes
- All day dance programme organised by Motus Dance MK in partnership with MK Festival Fringe
- A Band Stand with live music
- Puppetry performances from: Long Meadow, and Giles Brook schools
- Concrete Circus walkabout performance
- Extreme Ramblers Stilt Walking birds
- Public paint wall
- Games Tent
- Henna body painting by Nkiru Arts
- Face painting & glitter tattoos by Artistic Flair
- African Drumming
- Crfafts for all ages (animals, flowers, & bug making)
- Concrete Circus
- Stu's Oven
- Uncle G's Gourmet Chicken
- CR Catering
- MK Biergarten
- Penelope's Vintage Ice Cream
- Timeless Teas
Special thanks to Stantonbury Brownies & Stantonbury Campus for helping to create birds, flowers and creatures to populate our Garden & Aviary!
We are only able to run this event thanks to generous funding from Milton Keynes Community Foundation, The Big Lottery, Milton Keynes Council, and CMK Town Council; plus support & sponsorship from Events Managed, The Regal Group, Practical Car & Van Hire, and The Parks Trust.